5. Are you feeling confident? Try to sound out and/or read the short text underneath the title. Well done that’s a brilliant start!
6. Now see if you can spot some words with the focus sound. Can you sound out the word/read it?
7. Next time someone reads the poem with you, you can read some of the words to them. That’s fantastic!
8. Use the picture to help you anticipate what might be going on in the poem.
9. Move slowly through the poem; sounding out any words you may be unfamiliar with.
10. Have patience, read the poem one line at a time.
11. Can you decode any of the words that might be using the same phoneme?